This bakery-style Banana Blueberry Muffins are moist, flavorful muffins, packed with the natural sweetness of ripe bananas, the burst of tangy blueberries, and crowned with a heavenly streusel topping. In this recipe, we'll explore the art of creating bakery-style muffins right in your own kitchen.
These irresistible muffins are made with a carefully selected ensemble of ingredients. Ripe bananas bring a natural sweetness and moistness, while plump blueberries impart bursts of tangy flavor with each bite. The crowning glory, the streusel topping, adds a delightful crunch and a touch of indulgence. By combining these elements, we unlock a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving more.
Tips for Bakery Style Muffins
I'll be sharing some easy tips to make bakery-style muffins.
1. THE REST PERIOD
Let the batter rest for 15 minutes after it’s mixed and before you scoop it into the muffin pan.
2. BAKE AT HIGH TEMPERATURE INITIALLY
Bake the muffins at a high temperature (425ºF) initially then lower to 350ºF.
3. FILL THEM TO THE TOP
Fill your muffin liners to the top with batter. Yes, this goes against everything you’re heard but it’s important in helping the muffin gain that height.
4. FILL EVERY OTHER MUFFIN CUP
Filling every other cup allows the muffins to spread and dome without running into each other. This technique also encourages the muffins to brown, creating a golden muffin top.
Finally, it's time to savor the fruits of your labor. As you take that first heavenly bite, you'll be transported to a world of pure delight. The softness of the muffin, the bursts of juicy blueberries, and the irresistible crunch of the streusel topping will leave you wanting more. Prepare to impress your family, friends, or simply enjoy a quiet moment of self-indulgence as you revel in the sheer decadence of these bakery style Banana Blueberry Muffins.
Bakery-Style Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups all purpose flour, 360 grams
- 1 & ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cups blueberry, fresh or frozen
- 2 medium bananas, diced
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cubed unsalted butter, cold
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a spoon to combine and set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl combine the eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine with a spatula or beat with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Using a spatula, gently fold in the blueberries and bananas. The batter will be very thick!
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes. During this time, preheat the oven to 425ºF and make the crumble or streusel. Mix flour and sugar. Add the butter and use your fingers to rub it into the flour mixture until flour mixture forms.
- For bakery style muffin tops, line a 12 count muffin pan with 6 muffins liners, meaning you’ll only fill every other muffin well with batter. Filling every other well allows the muffins to spread and dome without running into each other. Fill the liners to the top with batter. Use a butter knife to smooth the tops of the muffins if lumpy.
Bake for 9 minutes at 425ºF, then keep the muffins in the oven, and turn the temperature down to 350ºF and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing. Repeat with the remaining batter, making sure to bump the temperature back up to 425ºF. Enjoy!