Looking for a delightful summer treat that is both refreshing and nostalgic? Look no further than this homemade Orange Vanilla Creamsicle No-Churn Ice Cream! This creamy and dreamy frozen dessert captures the classic flavors of the beloved creamsicle popsicle, but with the added bonus of being incredibly easy to make at home. Say goodbye to complicated (and mostly expensive) ice cream makers and hello to a no-fuss recipe that will have your taste buds dancing in delight. Get ready to savor the perfect balance of zesty orange and creamy vanilla, all in one cool and satisfying scoop.
Ingredients and Preparation
To whip up this delightful Orange Vanilla Creamsicle No-Churn Ice Cream, you'll need just a handful of simple ingredients.
- Heavy whipping cream
- a pinch of salt (use good quality salt and don't be afraid to sprinkle generous amount of it)
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Pure vanilla bean paste (I used each of 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste and extract but you can use either)
- The zest of one orange,
- Freshly squeezed orange juice.
When it's time to serve this delightful treat, you can get creative with various toppings and garnishes. Consider adding a sprinkle of orange zest or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for an extra burst of flavor. Crushed graham crackers or cookie crumbs can also lend a delightful texture to the ice cream. Serve it in vintage-style ice cream glasses for that nostalgic touch, and don't forget the classic wooden ice cream spoons! Whether you enjoy it solo or as the star of an ice cream sundae, this Orange Vanilla Creamsicle No-Churn Ice Cream is sure to impress both young and old alike.
Orange Vanilla Creamsicle No-Churn Ice Cream is a simple and delightful summer treat that brings back cherished memories of childhood. With its luscious blend of orange and vanilla, this homemade ice cream will cool you down on hot summer days and leave you wanting more. Just follow our easy steps, and you'll have a freezer full of this irresistible treat in no time. So, indulge in the taste of summer and treat yourself and your loved ones to a scoop (or two) of this creamy, dreamy, and utterly delicious Orange Vanilla Creamsicle No-Churn Ice Cream!
Easy Orange Vanilla Creamsicle No-Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- a pinch or two of salt
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- The zest of one orange,
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
Begin by whipping the heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Next, gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract. Set aside about 1/3 cup of the cream and fold in orange zest, and orange juice until everything is well combined. Pour the mixture alternatively into a loaf pan or airtight container and gently run a chopstick through the mixture up and down to create swirl effect (or you can leave it as is), cover it, and let it freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.
Here are some helpful tips and tricks to ensure your Orange Vanilla Creamsicle No-Churn Ice Cream turns out perfectly:
- Zest and Juice: For the best flavor, use fresh oranges to zest and juice. Organic oranges are preferable to avoid any potential chemicals or wax on the peel.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Allow the sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream to come to room temperature before starting the recipe. This helps achieve a smoother texture in the ice cream.
- Whipping Cream: Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, but be careful not to over-whip it. Over-whipped cream can lead to grainy ice cream.
- Gently Fold: When combining the whipped cream with the sweetened condensed milk, zest, and juice, use a gentle folding motion. This preserves the airy texture and ensures all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Loaf Pan vs. Airtight Container: While a loaf pan works well, using an airtight container can prevent ice crystals from forming and maintain the creamy texture.
- Freeze Properly: Let the ice cream set in the coldest part of your freezer, preferably at -18°C (0°F) or lower. This prevents the formation of large ice crystals and keeps the ice cream smooth.
- Avoid Overmixing: Once the ice cream is in the container, avoid excessive stirring. Overmixing can lead to a dense ice cream texture.
- Experiment with Flavors: Feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations. You can add other fruit zests, extracts, or even small chunks of fruit for added texture.
- Soften Before Serving: No-churn ice cream can become quite firm when stored in the freezer for a long time. To make scooping easier, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- Store Properly: To maintain the best flavor and texture, consume the ice cream within two weeks. Always cover the container tightly when storing it in the freezer.
By following these tips and tricks, you'll create a batch of Orange Vanilla Creamsicle No-Churn Ice Cream that's bursting with flavor and has a delightfully creamy texture - the perfect summer treat! Enjoy!