Spoonfuls of Sunshine: No-Churn Lemon Curd Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Indulge your taste buds in a burst of citrusy delight with this no-churn lemon curd vanilla bean ice cream. This easy-to-make frozen treat is elevated with the rich and aromatic flavor of vanilla bean maple paste. In this blog post, we'll guide you through the simple steps of crafting this heavenly dessert, complete with tips and tricks for a perfect scoop every time.
Simple Lemon Curd Recipe
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Zest of 2 lemons
Prepare Lemon Juice and Zest:
- Squeeze lemons to get 1 cup of fresh lemon juice. Zest two lemons and set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk together lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest until well combined.
Cook Over Medium Heat:
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring continuously. Allow it to simmer until it thickens to a custard-like consistency. This typically takes around 5-7 minutes.
- Add the softened butter gradually, stirring until it melts and blends into the lemon mixture.
Cool and Store:
- Let the lemon curd cool for a few minutes before transferring it to a jar or airtight container. Refrigerate until chilled.
No-Churn Lemon Curd Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 can (10 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons vanilla bean maple paste
Whip the Cream:
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This step is crucial for a creamy and airy texture.
Sweeten and Flavor:
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk, lemon curd, and vanilla bean maple paste. Ensure even distribution of flavors throughout the mixture.
Layer in the Container:
- Transfer half of the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan or an airtight container. Drizzle some additional lemon curd on top for a swirl effect. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Use a knife to create swirls in the mixture, ensuring a beautiful marbled pattern in your ice cream.
Freeze to Perfection:
- Cover the container with a lid or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight. This allows the flavors to meld and the ice cream to set perfectly.
Tips and Tricks:
Quality Ingredients Matter:
- Opt for high-quality vanilla beans and maple paste to enhance the overall taste of your ice cream.
Chilled Utensils and Bowls:
- Ensure that your mixing bowl and utensils are well-chilled before whipping the cream. This helps in achieving the desired texture.
Experiment with Swirls:
- Get creative with your swirling technique, playing with different patterns for a visually stunning presentation.
Customize the Sweetness:
- Adjust the amount of sweetened condensed milk and lemon curd to suit your personal preference for sweetness and tartness.
Unlock the magic of homemade frozen desserts with our no-churn lemon curd vanilla bean ice cream. The addition of vanilla bean maple paste takes this treat to a whole new level of sophistication. Follow our easy steps and embrace the joy of crafting your own ice cream masterpiece. Delight in each spoonful of sunshine – your taste buds will thank you!