This gorgeous-looking Toasted Vanilla Sugar Cake is made with layers of moist vanilla sugar cake, vanilla buttercream, and adorned with vanilla bean in white chocolate drip! I know vanilla is everything!
Pastry Chef Lexi, our talented friend is very kind to share with us this delicious toasted vanilla sugar cake recipe. It’s light, uncomplicated and so flavorful – such a big hit! Every angle of the cake just looks like art! If you would like to see more of her masterpieces, Please check out her Instagram page @oatmilkshortbread where she shares her many stunning and delicious creations.
How to Make Toasted Vanilla Sugar Cake
Toasted Vanilla Sugar Cake Ingredients
595g (3 cups) Sugar
(2 Tsp) Java Sisters vanilla powder
340g (3 sticks) unsalted butter
2 TBSP Baking Powder
21g (4 ½ tsp) Water
12g (1 TBSP) Salt
¼ tsp Baking soda
200g (4 ea) Large eggs
565g (4 ½ cups) Cake Flour
625g (2 ¾ cups) Milk
- Toast the sugar and vanilla powder. Preheat the oven to 350F and place the sugar and vanilla powder in a large skillet toast in the oven until fragrant and pale gold stirring thoroughly every 20 minutes. pour warm sugar into a Silpat mat and let cool.
- In a KitchenAid combine butter and cooled sugar and whip with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time scraping the bowl after each addition
- Sift all your dry ingredients together.
- Alternate your milk and your dry ingredients, the batter should look thick and smooth
- Divide your batter between 3 prepared 8-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350F 35 minutes.
How to Make Vanilla Buttercream
Vanilla Buttercream Ingredients
230g (1 cup) unsalted butter
600g (5 cups) Confectioners sugar
¼ cup Milk
½ JavaSisters Vanilla bean
Salt to taste
- Whip unsalted butter until light and fluffy
- Add your confectioners' sugar alternating with half of the milk
- Continue to whip for 5 minutes
- Add your vanilla bean and salt
How to Make White Chocolate Drip
White Chocolate Drip Ingredients
180g (1 cup) White chocolate chips
½ Javasisters vanilla bean
1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan add in white chocolate chips stir until melted add Java Sisters vanilla bean at the end. Use this ganache as a drip on the side of the decorated cake.
Many thanks to Lexi who developed this stunning Toasted Vanilla Sugar Cake recipe.
Lexi loves inspiring others to create because, for her, everything is possible! She believes you are the only one to limit the endless boundaries set by your imagination! Her goal in life is to teach others how to bake and have them find their creative spark in the kitchen. She wants you to help her help us become the best we can be!
Aside from her gentle spirit, she enjoys watercolor painting, nature, and the arts. Bring her a Creme Brûlée, I bet you can put a smile on her face and her favorite place is Cherry Springs Park in Pennsylvania, the best place to look at the stars! Oh! she can be quirky too, she likes taking a huge piece of Saran Wrap and having it cover her chef coat so she can walk to whatever she's wrapping without it getting tangled up! Check out her beautiful art-like sweet creations on her Instagram page @oatmilkshortbread.